India has established itself as a significant talent hub for tech companies globally, providing a rich pool of skilled professionals for creating successful software products. The emergence of private tech-consulting firms, coupled with the government's support has created a mutually beneficial synergy that reinforces India’s position as a major player in the IT sector.
According to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the IT industry accounted for 7.4% of India's GDP in the fiscal year 2022 (FY2022) and is expected to contribute up to 10% by 2025. Quoting other sources, NASSCOM found that FY2022 represented the highest-ever growth in revenue for India's technology industry. At 15.5%, that rounds up to more than 227 billion USD.
A Land of Thriving Culture and Tight-Knit Work Relationships
The vast and beautiful subcontinent is a melting pot of cultural richness, with each region offering a distinct and unique culinary and sight-seeing experience, that reflects its diverse population’s cultural and spiritual backgrounds.
India’s multi-faceted cultural diversity has given rise to a unique business culture characterized by strong interpersonal bonds and a loyal work ethic. As Global Business Culture puts it, "India is a relationship market... relationships are veritable pillars of business transactions and are highly based on trust and continual cultivation."
Tech Infrastructure in India
The Association for Asian Studies compares some locations in India to Silicon Valley. The largest tech hubs include the cities of Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Thiruvananthapuram's Technopark.
Here are some more details of India's tech infrastructure compiled by the association:
- Three main tech clusters: Software Technology Parks of India (STPI), International Tech Park, Bangalore (ITPB), and Electronic City
- Home to Research & Development (R&D) centers for Google, Microsoft, and Oracle
- American subsidiaries include Rockstar Games and IBM
- Largest biotechnology hub in India
- Often nicknamed Cyberabad (Cyber City)
- 1,300+ foreign IT firms operate in the city, including Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Google, IBM, and Facebook
- India's largest exporter of business processing outsourcing (BPO) services
- Major tech companies include Samsung, Nokia Siemens, Motorola, Lenovo and Dell
- Responsible for 45% of total exports as of 2020, making it the largest electronics hardware exporter in the country
- Largest IT Park in terms of developed area
- Owned and administered by the State Government of Kerala
- Projects include embedded software development, smart card technology, enterprise resource planning (ERP), process control software design, engineering and computer-aided design software development, IT Enabled Services (ITES), process re-engineering, animation, and e-business
Encora's Largest Work Community Is in India
Encora has grown its tech teams in India to more than 4,000 people in eight offices: Bangalore, Chennai, Pune (2 locations), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Hubli, and Bhopal.
Encorians in India receive the following benefits upon joining us:
- Group term life insurance
- Financial awareness programs
- A referrals program with bonus incentives
- Competitive benefits and compensation packages
- Ongoing technical training and certification programs
- Group medical insurance and top-up insurance coverage
- Relocation reimbursements for employees moving interstate
- Opportunities to participate in charitable and volunteer events
- Health and wellness programs for better physical and mental health
- Various types of paid time off include medical, recreational, paternity, and extended maternity leave
- Rewards & recognitions programs based on quarterly performance and years of service
- Flexible schedules and work models that enable greater work-life balance (work from home and hybrid work)
- Meaningful work in product development with international companies with new and complex technologies
Read More about Encora in India, Here
Be a Part of Our Team in India
If you're looking for a fast-paced environment to hone your skills as a software engineer or a tech expert in India, you can be a part of our team!
We are continuously searching for talented individuals that are looking for the right place to grow their careers.
Here are two of our most common job postings:
- Net Full Stack Developer
- 5-9 years of experience
- Experience in C#, .NET, MS SQL
- Experience in any UI tech stack such asAngular
- Working experience with OOP, SOA, micro services, and design patterns
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Candidate should be well-versed in .Net Core/asp.net core
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Java Backend Developer
- 4- 10 years of experience
- Familiarity with agile/iterative development methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Strong object-oriented design and Java programming skills, including experience with leading open-source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and Junit TestNG, Mockito
- Knowledge of HTTP protocol, WebSockets
- Real-world experience building very large-scale, high-availability applications
- Experience developing web services using REST approaches